Darkness within

For all your copy and past adventures
Carry

Darkness within

Bericht door Carry » 08-02-2016 17:25

Lillith didn’t know how long it had been. All she remembered was making her wish and then that awful feeling just overwhelmed her. She knew the feeling, she knew the feeling all too well. It was the same feeling she had when she killed her parents. When she opened her eyes she just stared to the ceiling of the cave. She just knew Akiva was dead, he had to be, but at least her wish was fulfilled. You can imagine how surprised she was when she found out he was still breathing, funny it was, even though he wasn’t dead or injured, he still had that awful look on his face of someone who had just been brutally murdered. Lillith had grinned by the idea.
“Beastbane?” Lillith asked when they left the cave. It was not as if anyone was still around to hear them. “What did happen in that cave after I passed out? Did you get your wish?” She didn’t knew what he had asked for. Although she had her suspicions. She wondered, if he were to erase part of his history, would she still knew that part of history because she had been with him in that cave? Or would she already had forgotten about it? She doubted it, there was enough he was ashamed of she still knew, so either he had wished for something else, or his wish wasn’t granted. For her wish, only time would tell if she would began to age again or not.

Rianne

Bericht door Rianne » 08-02-2016 19:20

Something went wrong. Something went not the way he planned it. He shouldn't have believed in stupid wishes, the moment that stone exploded and he had felt the rush of Darkness. That fight, it had not gone very well. He knew he wasn't strong enough. He knew that the Darkness that was lurking for so long behind his back was trying to kill him. The moment he was swallowed whole it was the end of his life. Yet here he was.

He could feel the cold stones, that were a little bit wet from the trickling of water from the celing of the cave, those cold stones were pressing into his back. He had faught horribly and he felt wounds that were maybe not even there but his whole body was sore and he didn't know if he could open his eyes, for it felt like he had no control over his body. Was he dead? Was he breathing? What was going on. When he finally found the power to open his eyes, the white around it and the blue of his iris where fully black and slowly turning back to normal. He didn't know if anyone could see, but he could feel it and see the reflection in the eyes of Lilith that was hanging above him.

She called him, beastbane as she was the only one that was it. Suddenly the name felt right and normal. But he wasn't sure if he should be happy about that. He got up slowly, shivering for he lost his shirt but he could find his leather jacket and pulled the old black thing over his shoulders. He slowly moved up to stand on his legs and tried to find his balance without holding on to Lilith. They moved, slowly out of the cave, which was quite a mess and he had the feeling that he lost quite a bit of blood. It took him a while before he made work of the question that she asked him so he couldn't answer immediately. "There was an explotion of darkness. When I touched the stone it broke, the stone turned black and I couldn't even wish. I think I tried. Than there was this cloud of Darkness that started to fight me. I would think I'm dead. Do I look like a ghost?" He asked her. When they came outside, it seemed like a new day had started and he narrowed his eyes against the light of the day. Wow he never had trouble with that so much as now.

Wordcount:
427/427

Carry

Bericht door Carry » 08-02-2016 20:18

“I have to be honest, I thought you would have been dead too.” Lillith answered looking to Akiva. “But for some reason you survived the same thing that killed my parents. I suppose my triggered something else inside me.” She held up her hand for she could feel the darkness inside her. “I Think I got more than I wished for.” Yet she hadn’t tried it yet. “Wait a moment.” She said after which she held up her hand. A dark cloud formed around her hand, growing bigger and bigger. She made a fist and pushed the darkness away from her towards a tree. She felt the magic tingling through her body and she couldn’t stop herself from softly biting her lip. “It had been a long time since I was last able to do such a thing.” She whispered. But now she wondered, would it have come at a cost? She looked at the devastation. Well, it was a big mess already anyway. She moved her hands and to her surprise it worked, branches started growing. “Interesting, very interesting.” She looked at her hands, so now she not only had her old power back, she also had kept the power she had had for the past few years and it felt great. “I guess that from now on I will be of more use if we would ever face a skeleton again.” She giggled softly. “Beastbane,” For some reason she did not felt like calling him Akiva anymore. “You said there was a cloud of darkness from that stone?” She asked. She stood there thinking for a second. There had to be a reason he had survived darkness assaults twice, normally one would be easily defeated by one powerful assault, let alone two. “Do you by any coincidence have a magical power of darkness?”

305/556

Darkness magic spell
Arc of time magic spell (overgrowth)

Rianne

Bericht door Rianne » 08-02-2016 21:14

Once they were outside, Akiva collapsed against one of the trees that hid the enterence of the cave. He was glad that the water was low and that they could have walked through it. He wasn't sure if he would survive if he had to swim. His head had a severe wound and his body was still aching like a child that had problems growing. He was dizzy and felt weak.

He wondered how it was possible that he survived the attack or well the incident that accidently killed her parents. Which made him feel a little bit sad for her. She was pushed into a chain of events, while he was doing it and knowing he was doing it. He had a purpose and a drive that made him kill all those people. He stared at the twenty four black tallies on his hand and wasn't sure anymore. She said to wait a moment and he actually wanted to say that he wouldn't go anywhere at this moment. He had to recover for now. He could imagine that if he would stand up, he would collapse.

His ice blue eyes focused on her, wondering what she was thinking while she bit her lip. But he didn't have to wait too long before she said out loud what was on her mind. Even though she was whispering he could hear it. The rest around them was quiet afterall. It seemed as if Lilith had her old magic back, from once she was a child but still contained the power of Arc of Time, which she had told him about in the cave. He tried to chuckle when she made a little joke. He bumped his head backwards against the bark of the tree and closed his eyes, trying to contain the pain. She said his name, softly and almost carefully like she was caring about him. He never minded her, calling him beastbane and afterall they were alone.

He didn't open his eyes when he listened ot her. Not meeting her eyes. "Ah." He said as a yes when she asked about the stone and the cloud of darkness. "I don't contain Darkness. I have Summoning magic in which Pam, the Panther you have seen has the power of Darkness." Not his favourite summon by far. That was Liam at the moment. He slumped back down a little, trying to remain upright was too difficult.
He was thinking now too. Suddenly he realised that he couldn't feel the darkness behind him anymore. It was gone, no longer lurking and trying to get him. His left hand, with the tallies, reached his bare stomach and he could feel it. His eyes opened in a flash and he stared at himself. It was in him.

Wordcount:
463/890

Carry

Bericht door Carry » 08-02-2016 21:57

Lillith listened to his words, but did not look at him. “Well, I suppose you have been very lucky.” Finally she turned around now, seeing that he had collapsed and also noticing that he hadn’t made it without a scratch entirely. “You look like hell.” She told him. “Why didn’t you tell me you were injured?” She kneeled beside him and looked at his wounds, “Let me help you.” She said. She wondered how well this would go now she possessed darkness magic. Healing was obviously something that required light magic and so there could be some complications although she hoped it would be fine. She held up one hand above his wound and focused on his pain. Holding up her forefinger and middle finger she slowly started to move her hand counter clockwise slowly healing his wound.
“Sit still will you, healing takes time.” She pushed him back when he started to get up to look at himself and she frowned while still making the movement with her hand. “I might be positive you are not a ghost. But you certainly look like you’ve seen one right now.” Curious she looked at his face. “What is it?” She asked, “Did you see something?” She got her power back in that cave maybe he had gotten something he had not been asking for as well, besides a giant cloud of darkness that had attacked him of course, she was quite sure that being attacked by darkness itself hadn’t been on his recent wish list as well.
She wondered why that cloud had appeared with Akiva and not with her since she was the first to hold the stone in order to ask for a wish. Perhaps it had something to do with her old power, something he didn’t possessed and therefor needed to gain. His wound started to heal bit by bit and she dared to try and ask a question. “Beastbane, would you try to do the thing I just did back there for me? I’m wondering if that cave just did not answer to our wishes but just gave us the gift of darkness. “

357/913

Rianne

Bericht door Rianne » 08-02-2016 22:59

Lilith had finally noticed that he was hurt and looked like hell. Which wasn't really a compliment now, was it? And it actually stung a little. Akiva might not show it but he was rather vain, one of the reasons why he had picked Blue Pegasus over Sabertooth. He didn't like the barbarians in that guild and neither most of the Fairy Tail ones. He had met one once, that was a good example. He wondered for a moment how shrimp was doing while thinking about him. He tried to ignore the pain and looked at Lilith, but that was when he realised the Darkness and said up straight. Which made her commented on him again.

His eyes almosed popped and he sure didn't look happy. It looked as if he seen a ghost. That's what Lilith said. "A Ghost you say? A ghost may be." He said a little vaguely. "I just remembered something." He looked up in her blue eyes, a different blue as his own. "I remembered something bad." He continued. He didn't want to think about the murderous thoughts that had entered his brain, that had been the darkness that took him over. But after that he had always felt it behind.

When she was done healing him, Lilith asked him to do what she just did. He stood up, rather slowly because his energy level was still low. He thought about changeling power of magic in his hand, which he normally couldn't do but a little bit of shadows or darkness came out from around his hand. He had done it. It was Darkness magic, and it was within him. Which actually brought down panic within him. He gripped with both his hands the side of his head. "No. No." He kept on repeating, he was turning back in his old self again, Beastbane. He could feel the pity of his spirits of his summons. "I'm not Beastbane." He muttered again and again, shaking his head furiously. No. No. No. No. He was Akiva Xerxes, it had all been an accident thanks to his father. He was becoming the Darkness again, he was becoming BeastBane, he was becoming a monster again.

Wordcount:
366/1256

Carry

Bericht door Carry » 08-02-2016 23:25

Lillith began to smile, she didn’t know why, but she liked the darkness. It felt so known, it felt safe, like home. But it was obvious that feeling wasn’t mutual. The darkness surrounded his hand and she knew just by the look of it he did not embrace it. She could see it was controlling him instead of the other way. She was used to the darkness, she was the darkness, he, he was merely a pawn of darkness but she knew that could chance if he would only accept it. But if he were to accept it he had a long way to go for the first thing he did was to scream no, which was kind of pathetic.
“Hey, hey it’s okay. Beast..” She sighted when she laid her hand on his shoulder. “Akiva. It’s alright, it’s just a power. It doesn’t mean anything.” It didn’t really seemed to help. And Lillith felt annoyed by his childish response. “Oh Beastbane snap out of it.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. It was like she just wanted to snap for once. She always kept her cool and she never did anything to let go of frustrations because she thought she never really was frustrated enough to do anything with it. But now she was and it wasn’t even really to him. Before she knew it her hand hit his face. She stared at him, surprised that she just actually had done that, and that hurting him even in this small way just felt so good. “I’m sorry.” Was the first thing she said, because she knew this wasn’t fair to him. “I shouldn’t have done that.” She felt guilty, or at least she should have felt it and so she just pretended that she did. “Look, it doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with you, you can learn to control it, I can help you with that.”

321/1234

Rianne

Bericht door Rianne » 08-02-2016 23:57

The slap on his cheek was rather hard. It was not even a surprise she could hit him, normally he stood tall with his 6'1. But he was bend forward, surrounded by shadows of darkness that showed his fear. He had to be slapped out of it. His eyes looked like they popped as he stared at the ground. There was a red imprint of her hand on his cheek. But did it help? No. She might think him pathetic or childish. But he was turning into that what he wished to be gone. The Darkness was taking him over, he was fighting inside. The white of his eyes, together with the iris turned away again and he could feel it. He wondered if it had happened with his father too. It was like he himself was in the back of his mind. Yet he was controling, he slowly stood up straight again and turned his black eyes towards Lilith. Of course, he doubted if the Phantom Lord Mage was scared because she was always so calm and steady. She had seen more than enough things.

He stretched out his hands, the same as he did with his father, Joram Xerxes. He moved them around her neck in a rather quick movement and started to press his thumbs against her windpipe. The echoing of his unofficial name went through his mind. Beastbane, he was beastbane. Akiva Xerxes was beastbane. But deep inside his thoughts he knew he didn't want to become like this, but he had no other option if the monster that was inside the cave that they had just escaped was now inside him. The monster that was lurking behind him all the time. The one that made him give himself the twenty four tallies on his left hand. He stared at it for it was clearly visible from this point of view. There were tears in the corner of his eyes, and when the first one stepped over the edge of his eye and dropped down on his cheek, he realised what he was doing. His eyes turned back to blue and white again and he stared at Lilith. He quickly put her back on the ground, but didn't apologize when he let go of her. Looking at the red lines around her neck. He didn't know what to say and stared at it.

Wordcount:
397/1653

Carry

Bericht door Carry » 09-02-2016 00:24

She was intrigued by the black in his eyes, the darkness within him and it only pulled her closer to him. It did not scared her, not even the least even though she could see the evil lurking within him. She just.. liked it. His hands reached for her neck and even though it hurt her and she could hardly even breathe she stayed calm, something in her knew this was not the moment he would kill her. Their darkness would not allow it. She just started to smile at him, not a big grin on her face, but the corners of her mouth subtly lifted. It had to be terrifying to look at for it seemed as if she enjoyed the idea of the end nearing her. A tear left the corner of his eye and her feet touched the ground. Her throat was soar but he had let her go, just as she knew he would. Her hand softly touched her neck and she closed her eyes a moment. She would heal it later. She saw his blue eyes and she stepped towards him. She laid her hand softly at his unharmed cheek. “You don’t have to fear it.” She whispered. “If you fear it, it will consume you, but if you accept it, it will become part of you. You can control this I know you can.” Her words stayed soft for her throat wouldn’t allow her to speak louder. “I can help you, if you only allow it to be a part of you, a new you. Not the you you used to be. You can be anyone you want to be.” Her thump softly stroked his lips before she pulled away her hand and started to heal her throat by moving time forwards. This was a wound that would heal over time anyway, and it would not leave a mark. Therefore this way was easier because it would cost her lesser energy. “Will you let me help you?” She asked, because she wanted to be near him now he was just like her, she felt a connection.

352/1586

Rianne

Bericht door Rianne » 09-02-2016 19:01

Deep down inside him was a struggle going on. You could say that two Akiva's were standing opposite each other. One wearing the fully black eyes and the other wone the normal version with his white eyes and blue iris. "Whatever you do or want, I'm not going to let you." The normal Akiva said which only made the Darkness laugh. It was something he didn't like, it was as if he was holding on to a roof top with only his finger tips and was slowly slipping away already. Maybe not even that, the edges of his eyes turned darker, as if he was about to faint any moment.

"This is my life. Not yours." He could faguely hear Lilith saying that he didn't have to fear it. But he could learly distingish his old self standing opposite him in this mental white world. Beastbane vs. Akiva. The one that was insane and the one that became sane. Only to loose it now thanks to a stupid request in which he had tried to wipe away his past. Even if it had meant to kill him, he would risk it again. Karma. How could he allow this to be a new part of him if he could feel the waves of Darkness of Evil getting off him. He tried to hit it away but he couldn't catch anything. He felt her finger on his lips and he missed love and affection, from anyone, from Scáthach, from whomever would give it to him. Was that what he had missed his whole life. That was the moment he lost it and the flashback of how the Darkness had swallowed him whole returned and the good Akiva passed out.

The eyes of Beastbane turned black again and he blinked a few times rapidly to make sure that he was paying attention. "Would you teaching me instead of him? De Clare?" he said with a smooth edge in his voice, the panic gone and total control. However the black eyes said enough. He was not the right Akiva but did that really matter?

Wordcount:
350/2003

Plaats reactie